Monday, June 19, 2006
New York, New Hampshire and All That Comes With It
We got back from New Hampshire and New York late Saturday night, and attended a lovely wedding on Sunday here by the Bay (Congratulations, Daniel and Rachel!). Now it's Monday, I've been unpacking and getting back on track with everything.

N.H. and N.Y. were fine, great summer weather, lovely walks in Central Park and lovely swimming in Lake Winnipesaukee. And a beautiful summer night dinner out in the garden arbor of Andre's parents' home, complete with fireflies and crickets, oil lamps and candles. And did I mention the stars and the moon and the wine and the cheese? Here's a view from the garden. Notice the lilies in the background - it's impossible to capture all the flowers and all the gardening that goes on, but I did my best in this picture.
The original reason for our trip was the promotion of Andre's book, so we did that also, while in the meantime enojying ourselves as described above. As far as I've come to learn, PR work involves a lot of driving around, waiting around, shaking hands and fleetingly meeting people - I'm kind of glad it's all done for now.
Although the driving around was kind of fun (see the picture for the reason why - the rental car place was all out of the cheap small cars so we got a fancy jeep for the same price). Would've been even more fun if we'd brought CDs. As it was, we were singing along to songs we'd never heard before by the time we reached New York. The person that came up with playlists should be taken behind the Meatrix-barn and given a big dose of those red pills.

N.H. and N.Y. were fine, great summer weather, lovely walks in Central Park and lovely swimming in Lake Winnipesaukee. And a beautiful summer night dinner out in the garden arbor of Andre's parents' home, complete with fireflies and crickets, oil lamps and candles. And did I mention the stars and the moon and the wine and the cheese? Here's a view from the garden. Notice the lilies in the background - it's impossible to capture all the flowers and all the gardening that goes on, but I did my best in this picture.
The original reason for our trip was the promotion of Andre's book, so we did that also, while in the meantime enojying ourselves as described above. As far as I've come to learn, PR work involves a lot of driving around, waiting around, shaking hands and fleetingly meeting people - I'm kind of glad it's all done for now.

Although the driving around was kind of fun (see the picture for the reason why - the rental car place was all out of the cheap small cars so we got a fancy jeep for the same price). Would've been even more fun if we'd brought CDs. As it was, we were singing along to songs we'd never heard before by the time we reached New York. The person that came up with playlists should be taken behind the Meatrix-barn and given a big dose of those red pills.
