Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 
T-Shirt Dare
Lauri is not the only person to be reminding the world about injustices towards muslims - or in this case, anyone that looks like they or their distant cousin twice removed might hail from a country where there are muslims. Especially if they're wearing a t-shirt with Arabic on it.

Raed in the Middle

Of course you can counter me with a flood of greater injustices of the world. And yes, he was able to talk back to the security folks, and he could sue them if he wanted to, and so on, acts that would not be possible in, hm, Iran? Or China? But I'm still tempted to get one of those t-shirts to wear on my next flight.

And that thought brought me to another revelation: I wouldn't dare. My case is still pending with immigration. No matter what travel documents I have, the border personnel has the right to deny re-entry. I'll have to make sure to leave my Metsäradio t-shirt home the next time I go. After all, they'd have no way of knowing what it says, and therefore I could be a threat to airport security.

Comments:
Yes, it is somehow nice to live here behind God's back (do they have that expression in English?) - actual terrorists seem so far away...but last night on road from Cotonou to Grand-Popo there was a body, covered with blood. Traffic accident or bandits, who knows. It's best not to travel during the night...

Five years from September 11 a week ago. Read about it from Helsingin Sanomat that someone brought with him, otherwise I would not have remembered. Hell, can't even remember properly which month it is!

Aino-kulta, voisitko muuten lähettää minulle uudestaan osoitteesi ja yhteystietosi, koska en millään saa niitä kaivettua tuolta sähköpostien uumenista :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?